We are well aware of your confidence in its services and security related to your personal information. We take great care in this regard to avoid any scam. By visiting our website, you agree to the following privacy notice.
What personal information is required by the site?
The personal information given by you help us improve the services provided by us and make it more personalized.
Information provided by the visitors –
Any information given by you is received and stored by us for various future usage like contacting you regarding your order, customizing your shopping preferences and responding to your queries etc. You may opt not to provide certain information if you wish so, but it may keep you from availing our certain special features.
- We will never give out your email address or any other details: We do not include you in any mailing lists without your explicit consent. You will NEVER receive a spam mail because of us.
- We will never sell your information to any third parties: You probably do not know but most companies track browsing history, leave unwanted cookies on your desktops and even sell your information and browsing behavior to mailing lists or third parties. We ABSOLUTELY hate it.
- We will never mail you unwanted information: When you order from us, you get control on what information we send to you. You can choose to keep a separate correspondence email id with us. If you do NOT want it, we will NOT send you any order confirmation, invoice, shipping confirmation or satisfaction surveys.
- We will NOT send you e-mails without your consent: If you do not want it, we will NEVER send you snail mails or even e-mails without your consent. We will never disturb you with e-mails soliciting repeat business if you do NOT want so. We firmly believe that our product quality and service efficiency would bring repeat business automatically.
- Even your credit card/bank statement would not show our name: Even your credit card / bank account would show a transaction with the name of our company. Ihatke.com would NEVER appear anywhere.
- The merchant name on the card/bank statement will either show our payments processing partner name i.e. EBS or it will show our parent companies name i.e Pratham Enterprise.
- We will maintain security and of our systems and information: We maintain the latest anti-virus software (if required) and use secure passwords on all systems. Your information is safe with us and even our employees cannot access it unless it is needed to service you.
- Your shipping address: This is used to ship your order. You can change it for every order and we will NEVER send anything else to this address except your order itself.
- Your phone number: This is used only for purposes of helping the courier delivery person track you. The concealed packing of the orders ensures that the courier delivery person does not get to know anything about your order or you. We may also call you on the phone number provided to confirm the order before dispatching OR for any other purpose related to the order placed on ihatke.com. The call might be made via automated system or by customer care representative. You may also receive an SMS with the details of how to confirm/reject order via miss call or other service.
- Your credit card information: Your CC/bank account information is used only to process the transaction.
- You’re billing address: This is required ONLY for purposes of verification of your credit card. Ihatke.com will NEVER send anything to your billing address.
- Your email address: We will NEVER send you e-mails if you request us not to. As a default, we assume your consent to send you e-mails for purposes of:
- E-mailing you copy of the order
- E-mailing you the shipping confirmation
- E-mailing you a short customer satisfaction survey
- E-mailing you ‘Reminders’ for products you opt to be reminded for
- If you desire so, we can send you all of the above via SMS also. In line with our standards, we would never reveal our identity in the SMSes sent to you.
- Every website inevitably collects information. However, we have a comprehensive information gathering policy to maintain your privacy.
- For Visitors (people who look into our store or visit us) – When you visit ihatke.com, we know that someone is visiting us but we do NOT know that it is you. We ONLY count the number of visitors and track which pages/products are of greater interest to visitors. We do NOT gather or use any information about any specific persons who visit our site
- For Customers (people who have an account with us or order with us)
- You have the right to know what information we have collected about you. You also have the right to change this information. If you would like to contact us about changing some aspect of the information we have for you, please write to us at email@example.com
- In order to make changes to your information you will be required to first prove your identity to us. This prevents other individuals from accessing your files.
- We will not reveal credit card numbers over the telephone. If there is an issue with your credit card we can handle it through your merchant bank (the process is easier than it sounds).
- Any customer feedback we receive is also held in strict confidence. If we do disclose your feedback about our business or products it will be in a completely anonymous manner.
- In summary, your purchase from ihatke.com is held in the strictest of confidence. And it is 100% private!!
Whenever you interact with our website, we request you to fill some information and store it for future interaction with you. We too use “cookies” to track certain information when you access our website.
Our website sometimes collects your internet protocol (IP) address for security purposes. This is done to make sure that you are the real buyer and to avoid anyone else making purchases using your name and credit card.
Cookies! What are they?
Cookies are the text files, used for identification of your web browser as well as for other storage features. These files are transferred to your computer through the web browser for the purpose of identification.
Your information is secured
We respect your privacy and under no circumstances share with others unless it is required for the transaction completion purpose for your order. Our secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software helps in keeping the information given by you by encrypting it. No one can see your credit card number since only last five digits are shown in your order. The complete number is only given to the concerned credit card company for transaction processing.
We would like to advise you too to be careful regarding your personal credit card information and always signoff when you complete your order.
You can access your account and see the record of your interaction with us.
On visiting our website, any of your concern regarding privacy is subject to our notice and conditions of use. This includes any kind of dispute, limitations on damages and application of the local law. Please “contact us” if you have any query or dispute. We will look into the matter and try to solve it as long as possible.
What information you need to provide
You are requested to provide some specific information when you brows our website for placing your order, or want to post a review or some query etc. This information includes filling in your name, address, age, sex, email id and phone number etc. We require your credit card number too when you buy products from us using online payment option.
- You may receive transactional SMS, calls on registered mobile/landline number with us, related to your account/orders placed on our website.
- All the calls/SMS will be related to transactions performed on our website.
- You may be sent promotional SMS related to offers/products on our site. Should you wish to not receive those, you may click on the unsubscribe link provided on those SMS.
- You may receive alerts/notifications related to your order on our mobile apps.
- You may receive notifications on our mobile apps related to new products/offers etc. added on ihatke.com you may turn off notifications if you wish to by changing App Notification settings on your mobile.
- We may use re-targeting features of ad platforms like Google AdWords, Facebook, or any other ad platform.
- Just in case, a transaction is involved in a legal dispute (usually credit card fraud), information might be requested from us in form of a subpoena (legal demand for information or appearance). In such cases, we might be required to furnish requisite information. In case this occurs, our policy is to first contact the customer (through preferred medium chosen by the customer) to inform them of our legal obligations.
- These issues are not common and generally happen in case of credit card frauds. Hence, such information sharing would help in protecting your account and business with us.
- Your order details and personal details like address and phone number may be shared if asked by any Government Department eg. GST Department.
Links to other sites
- Our site may link to other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. Any such pages will clearly be identifiable in the browser URL and will not carry the ihatke.com logo on the top. We do not take any responsibility for the policies or actions of such websites whatsoever.
- However, such links (except for the one to our payment gateway provider) are NOT required to browse or complete any transaction at ihatke.com. We have ensured that your experience with us is as private as it should be.
- Our site may have links from advertisers and we take NO responsibility of consequences after being re-directed to their websites.
Merger, Acquisition and Termination of Service